The Women’s Circle of Salisbury University Educational Enhancement Award
The Women’s Circle of Salisbury University and Honors College will provide a $1,000 award to a Salisbury University student who endeavors to experience an activity outside of the traditional classroom setting to further his or her education. The award must be used during the summer or fall semester of 2021. Examples include but are not limited to those expenses associated with volunteer service trips, service projects, experiential learning, internships, study abroad and conference attendance. Applicant must be a full-time student, in good standing at Salisbury University, have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better, and demonstrate leadership and service through community involvement.
Applicant is asked to provide a personal statement of 800 words or less to include the following information:
- Statement of Intent: Student will include their year of study. Student will describe the activity for which they will use the funds, what the money will cover and how the activity will support and enhance his or her educational experience.
- Career goal(s): Student will describe how this experience will help achieve their career goal(s).
- Statement of need: Student will explain why this award is needed. Please include any financial challenges.
- Community Involvement: Student will provide examples of leadership and community involvement.
Applications are due by March 31, 2021 and can be emailed to Dr. Andrew Martino Dean, Glenda Chatham & Robert G. Clarke Honors College at firstname.lastname@example.org. Recipient will be announced by April 30, 2021.
P2P is a sub-group of the Women’s Circle focused primarily on professional development. You're invited to attend our monthly meetings for networking and professional development which are currently being held online. Peer-to-Peer meets the first Friday of the month, from 8:00am-9:00am, via zoom. Contact us at Peer2Peer@salisbury.edu for more information, or visit the Peer-to-Peer page.
- March 5: Peer-to-Peer with Mary Angela Baker, Principal, Firm Fortitude “Stepping into What's Next: Successfully Navigating Transitions”
- April 2: Peer-to-Peer with Louise L. Anderson, Associate Professor, Music and Salisbury University Remote Teaching Specialist “Taking an Idea to the Next Level”
- May 7: Peer-to-Peer with Kathy Kiernan, Principal/Founder of Open to the Possible Coaching & Consulting “Difficult Conversations at Work and in Life”
- June 4: Peer-to-Peer with Lori DeWitt, Ph.D., Department of Communication Chair and Faith Filled Women Founder “Harnessing the Power of Talking to Yourself”
- August 6 (new date): Peer-to-Peer with Lawanda Dockins-Mills, Ph.D., Dockins Educational Consulting Group, LLC, retired Associate Dean of Students, Salisbury University Town/Gown Council, Vice Chair “Journeys”
Our Proud Sponsor