Bee Campus USA
Salisbury University was recently certified through the Bee Campus USA program for our commitment to create sustainable habitats for pollinators. Through this commitment, the University will:
- Establish a Bee Campus USA committee to oversee the institution’s pollinator conservation and education efforts.
- Develop a campus pollinator habitat plan.
- Host annual campus events to raise awareness of the importance of pollinators.
- Sponsor annual student service-learning projects to enhance pollinator habitats on and off campus.
- At least biennially, offer a pollinator protection course or workshop or incorporate pollinator protection topics into the curriculum.
- Post pollinator signage on campus to educate the community about pollinator-friendly landscaping
Eco-friendly horticulture is not a new concept at Salisbury University. From receiving the Maryland Department of Natural Resources PLANT Green Award multiple
This webpage will be updated as we continue to implement the program. Check back for news of our progress and for a calendar of planned events.
- 90% of the world's wild plants depend on pollinators to reproduce
- 1 in 3 bites of food we eat is courtesy of insect pollination