Information for Parents of SU Students
During Orientation 101, Information Technology provides a concurrent session to provide you with information about the services that are provided to your student by Information Technology, including email, internet access, printing services and information about software discounts. If you are unable to attend one of our sessions during Orientation 101, you can find the information in the guides below. Feel free to contact the IT Help Desk at 410-677-5454 with any questions you may have.
- Information Technology Brochure - A brochure that summarizes the list of IT services provided to SU students by Information Technology.
- Suggested Computer Specifications - A guide that helps parents and students determine what supported computing devices to bring to campus.
- Printing Services - This page covers the printing options available to SU students on campus.
- Software Downloads and Discounts - This page covers the variety of free and discounted software available to SU students.
- Guide to University Student Accounts - A guide that covers the accounts that students receive when they attend SU and what those accounts provide.
- Configure Your Computer For SU Wireless - A guide to help you use our connection wizard to configure your computer to use SU_Secure, our SU Wireless network.
- Lab Locations - A map and listing of our IT computer labs and locations. See the IT Computer Lab page for even more information.
- University Police Laptop Registration - A link to the University Police site, which provides laptop registration for theft prevention.
- New Student Step-By-Step - Information about your student's first steps as an SU student.