New Students

Welcome to SU!

To begin using your VA Education Benefits, supporting documents are needed for the University to certify your enrollment with the VA.  To access your benefits, you must first complete an Application for Education Benefits online through the VA’s website.  If you have not recieved your Certificate of Eligibility, please provide the Veteran's Office with a copy of your completed Application.

Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility, to receive enrollment certification at SU, the Veterans Benefit Certification Request needs to be completed each semester (See link below)

Certifying enrollment (CH 30, 31, 35, 1606 & 1607)

Enrollment certifications will be processed once billing is complete (usually within 45 days of the semester)

Certifying enrollment CH 33 (Post 9/11)

Enrollment information will be sent within 30 days of the start of the semester

Tuition and Fees will be submitted after the drop/add period each semester

All new students must complete the SU Residency Application.  It will appear as an item on your To-Do List in Gull Net.  It is critical that if you are eligible for in-state tuition, that you get classified appropriately.  Any questions regarding military exceptions and your eligibility for in-state billing, please contact the Residency Office at

If you used your education benefits at another school, you must complete the VA form for a Change of Program or Place.  This can be completed online at the GI Bill ® Website (veterans should use the 22-1995 form; dependents should use the 22-5495 form).  After submitting this information to the VA, please provide the Registrar’s Office with a copy.