Current/Continuing Students

If you are currently enrolled, have used your benefits at SU previously, and wish to use your educational benefits for a current semester, please submit a Veteran's Benefits Certification Request to the Veteran's Office.

  • You must submit a Certification Request each semester you are enrolled and wish to use your benefits. 
  • If you change your course enrollment after submitting your Veteran’s Benefits Certification Request, you must notify the Registrar's Office as soon as possible.  Failure to report changes may affect your benefit payment and future eligibility.
  • You will need to verify your attendance every month before payment is issued if you are receiving one of the following:
    • Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty
    • Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve
    • Reserve Educational Assistance Program – REAP
    • Veterans Retraining Assistance Program – VRAP

Additional information is available at the GI bill website.

Housing Allowance

  • The housing allowance will always be paid one month behind. EX: Housing allowance for September will arrive in your account on October 1st. Questions regarding housing allowance should be directed to the VA education office (1-888-442-4551).
  • For current monthly housing allowance (MHA) rates, please visit Monthly Housing Allowance; if you follow the link to the calculator, remember to use the University’s zip code, 21801.
  • All courses offered at satellite locations are coded for the main Salisbury, MD location.  Salisbury University is a single location employer. Housing allowance payment will be based on area code 21801. Additionally, many of the courses held at our satellite locations will be coded as distance education based on Salisbury Universities hybrid policies.