- Inter-institutional registration with other USM institutions will be accepted as credit earned at SU.
- Students should complete USM IIR form using the online form located on the registrar's forms webpage
- Approval needed from advisor (signature in "academic approval" section)
- Approval should also be obtained from the Advising Services Coordinator (signature under "other institution approval as appropriate")
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I access the inter-institutional enrollment form?
Form can be found online on the registrar's webpage under the forms link. Form should be typed.
- What signature/s do I need on the inter-institutional enrollment form?
Your advisor will sign under the academic approval section and the advising services coordinator should sign
- How can I find my advising services coordinator?
Find your advising services coordinator on our advising center staff page.
- How soon can I expect to be enrolled in the class/classes I requested?
Because the process involves multiple institutions and departments, enrollment may take up to a week.
- If I turn my form in prior to registration opening am I guaranteed to get the class I requested?
Inter-institutional students are not given priority registration, depending on processing time, a class you requested may have closed. In that case you will receive an email and given instructions on how to proceed.
- Where do I submit my completed form?
Completed forms should be turned into the home institutions registrar’s office.
- How will I know that I have been enrolled in a class?
The host institution will send an email to you with your schedule attached.