"SU @ NCUR" 2018
NCUR 2018 Abstract Deadline:
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
SU Travel Grant Deadline:
Friday, December 8, 2017
Welcome to Salisbury University’s Travel Grant Award program for the 2018 National Conference on Undergraduate Research.
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (OURCA) sponsors a Travel Grant Award Program which enables outstanding SU undergraduate students to present their research, creative or scholarly projects at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR). This grant will fund travel, lodging and registration expenses. Students must be registered as undergraduates at Salisbury University in spring 2018 in order to qualify.
Have you done an independent research paper, or developed a really good business plan? Do you have a pedagogical philosophy you’d like to share with colleagues? Have you recently conducted scientific research in the lab or field? Have you created something outstandingly beautiful lately? Students who are doing or have done significant independent or group projects - in any academic program and/or major - are urged consider submitting a proposal.
The 32nd Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research will be held at the University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Oklahoma, April 4-7, 2018. Information is still being developed. Please visit cur conferences and events for updates.
|Abstract submission opens:||October 3, 2017|
|Abstract submission deadline:||December 5, 2017|
|SU Travel Grant application deadline:||December 8, 2017|
|Notification of abstract acceptance:||January 23, 2018|
|Notification of SU Travel Grant awards begins:||January 26, 2018|
|Early registration closes:||February 22, 2018|
Undergraduate students from colleges and universities across the US and representing all academic disciplines, gather to present their research, creative or scholarly projects. NCUR creates a unique environment to celebrate and promote exemplary student achievement which serves to advance and enrich undergraduate education.
***Please note that you must submit your abstract to NCUR by their deadline of December 5, 2017 (NCUR abstract submission)
SU NCUR Travel Grant Submission Instructions
***Only those submissions accepted by NCUR will be eligible for the SU NCUR travel award.
To apply for the SU NCUR Travel Grant, please follow the steps below:
- First, to submit an application for the SU NCUR travel grant, have your abstract and your faculty mentor's signed recommendation letter in .pdf format ready to be uploaded to the site. Your files can be uploaded from a thumb drive or CD, if needed.
- Login to the SU NCUR Travel Grant Abstract Submission site (may require SU login):
- Complete all fields on the form and certify that you agree to attend NCUR 2018 in Edmond, Oklahoma, April 4-7, 2018 if your abstract is accepted for presentation.
- Upload two documents for review for your SU Travel Grant Application: Your abstract document AND your faculty mentor letter of support, both in .pdf format.
- Deadline Friday, December 8, 2017.
For abstract submissions that you are recommending, please provide the students with your signed letter in .pdf format. Students should upload the faculty mentor's letter along with the abstract.