Graduate Student Appreciation Week 2019
Graduate Student Appreciation Week is April 1 - April 5, 2019
What is Graduate Student Appreciation Week?
In 1993, three students, Tony Rosati (Georgetown University), Gina Pearson (American University) & Anne Holt (Florida State University), all activists within NAGPS, wanted to find a way to physically manifest support and appreciation of the contributions, impact and value of graduate students. Their effort led to a cooperative initiative called National Graduate & Professional Student Appreciation Week. (Adopted from National Association of Graduate and Professional Students).
List of Events:
- Monday, April 1st: Start the week off right with some breakfast on us! Visit the Graduate Student Lounge(AC 243) . Food will be available from 9-11am while supplies last.
- Tuesday, April 2nd: All Grad students are invited to the Graduate Student Council Social Hour at Hoppers from 6-9pm.
- Wednesday, April 3rd: Join Career Services in GSC 133 from 3:30-4:30pm as they discuss life after college. Discussion will cover resume building, networking and how to best use LinkedIn as you begin your search for employment. To register visit: https://candidate.gradleaders.com/SalisburyU/Candidates/Login.aspx?pid=3620&workshopID=88268. Walk-ins will also be welcome. Get over hump day with a pizza party in AC 243 from 5-7:30pm while supplies last.
- Thursday, April 4th: Technical Writing Workshop! Are you planning on writing a thesis, dissertation or another academic paper or manuscript? Join Dr. Courtney Harned, from 7-8pm in PH 149 to get tips on technical writing. Topics include formatting all aspects of your paper including Table of Contents, numbering, graphics, running headers, etc. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Friday, April 5th: Graduate students are invited to sit for a FREE professional headshot photograph that they can use for career purposes. Sittings take approximately 15 minutes. Please dress appropriately. LOCATION: Alumni House Social Room. TIME: 3:30-5:30pm. Registration required. Contact email@example.com to schedule your sitting time.
- ALL WEEK:
- BOOKSTORE DISCOUNT! Graduate students enjoy a 25% Discount on your purchase Of SU Clothing & Gifts . *Offer applies to regular priced merchandise only and cannot be combined with other offers or promotions including bucks for books. *Graduates must show their gull card to receive discount. To order online, please use Grad25 at checkout.