Commencement Speaker Information
The commencement speaker is selected from student applicants who*:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above (including Winter/Summer semesters, if attended);
- are eligible to graduate with Latin honors of cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude (see SU Catalog, "Graduation with Honors:);
- have completed or will complete by the end of the current semester at least 56 semester hours at SU, of which at least 30 semester hours are in 300- or 400-level courses with grades of A, B, or C;
- will receive an undergraduate degree in the upcoming ceremony.
* Faculty may nominate outstanding students who do not meet these criteria.
Applications are sent to eligible students in late February for May commencement, and late September for December commencement.
For more information, email email@example.com