Students and Guests with Physical Disabilities
(ADVANCE RESERVATION FOR SPECIAL SEATING REQUIRED)
Students with physical disabilities who will need assistance at Commencement should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guests needing special assistance seating have two options:
- Lower Risers: Disabled guests who can climb two small steps may reserve space in the first row of chairs that surround the arena floor. ( See a photo of lower riser seating. ) One additional guest may sit with the disabled guest. Reserved riser seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis; once lower riser seating is full, reservations will not be accepted. The online reservation system closes on Friday, May 10 at 5:00pm.
- Floor Section: Because space on the arena floor for guests in wheelchairs is very limited, wheelchair seating is offered on a first-come, first-served basis only. Advanced reservations for wheelchair seating are not available. One additional guest may sit with the disabled guest.
Early Admission: In addition to the seating options, we offer early admission to the Civic Center for disabled guests and their entire party. Doors open for disabled seating at:.
- 6:00pm Ceremony - disabled seating starts at 4:45pm
- 10:00am Ceremony - disabled seating starts at 9:15am
- 2:30pm Ceremony - disabled seating starts at 1:15pm
We allow all family members to enter together so all guests may get general admission seating as close to their disabled family member as possible. Upon arrival at the Civic Center please report to the disabled entrance on the right, next to the Box Office. We highly recommend your group take advantage of this early seating option. Please be sure every guest in your party, regardless of seating, has a ticket for admission to the Civic Center.
Wheelchair Storage: For those guests who will be using wheelchairs to get from the facility entrance into the arena, a wheelchair storage area is available to "park" the wheelchair until after the ceremony has concluded. Please understand, however, the Civic Center and University cannot be responsible for its safekeeping. We strongly suggest that you tag or label your wheelchair with your family's name to avoid confusion.
Parking: The number of parking spaces designated for the disabled is very limited at the Civic Center. We will allow curbside drop off, but you will have to drop off your passenger and immediately move your vehicle from the area.
Release of Reserved Seats: Commencement seating is at a premium. Unclaimed reserved lower riser seats will be made available to the general public 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony.