Policies and Participation in SU Children’s Choir
Salisbury University (the "University") Children’s Choir is a performing arts education outreach program offered to the community to provide instruction to students with an unchanged singing voice quality between the ages of 9-15. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the SU Children’s Choir on the University campus, students and parents/guardians of students are advised of the following:
- SU Children’s Choir takes place on the University campus in Fulton Hall where participants are given access to the facilities by qualified instructors.
- Participation in the SU Children’s Choir is wholly voluntary. Students may be dropped off at Fulton Hall during the time of instruction or parents/guardians who accompany students may wait on the University campus for the student to attend the rehearsal.
- The University is not responsible for the safety or well-being, nor for any damages, losses or injuries of any SU Children’s Choir student or person(s) attending the SU Children’s Choir program with a student while on the University campus, except as may be caused by the negligence or actual malice of University employees and agents.
- The student (or parent/guardian of a minor student) agrees not to bring any legal or other action or make any claim against the University, its employees or agents for any injury, damage or loss while participating in the SU Children’s Choir and agrees to release the University and its employees and agents from any such claims that are in any way connected to participation in the SU Children’s Choir. If the student (or parent/guardian) does not agree to so release and indemnify the University, the student may not participate in the SU Children’s Choir.
- A student who has any physical or other medical condition that may require special accommodation (or a parent/guardian with knowledge of such condition of a minor student,) must notify the Director of the SU Children’s Choir upon registration and prior to beginning any participation in the SU Children’s Choir. In such cases, the University will engage in an interactive process with the student (or parent/guardian) to determine whether a reasonable accommodation is available.
- The University does not have medical personnel available at the University. In the event of injury or incident requiring immediate medical attention, the University will seek emergency treatment for the student. The University assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage that might arise out of or in connection with such emergency medical treatment. If the student (or parent/guardian of a minor student) does not authorize emergency medical treatment, the University must be notified in writing prior to registration in the SU Children’s Choir.
- The University reserves the right to decline to accept or retain a student in the SU Children’s Choir at any time should the actions or the general behavior of the student impede the SU Children’s Choir or the rights or welfare of any person. Should the student's conduct, or the conduct of any person accompanying the student, violate any law or University policy, the University may require the student or any other person to immediately leave the premises and not return to the SU Children’s Choir program.
- The University may take photographs or make recordings of the student for publicity or marketing purposes for the SU Children’s Choir. In this event, the University will request written permission for use of the student's likeness prior to use.
- The University retains the right to require the student or parent of a student to sign a liability waiver prior to participation in the SU Children’s Choir.
- Registration forms must be completed and signed by parents/guardians by or at the first rehearsal of the semester.
- Payment must be made by the second rehearsal of the semester. Payment may be made in 3 ways: online, by mail, or in person at rehearsal. Personal checks, credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and AmEx) and cash are accepted.
- Checks are to be made out to “Salisbury University” and it’s very important that the memo line says “SU Children’s Choir.”