Internships for Credit
Internships are a great way to gain practical experience in any field you wish to pursue. Internships are not required for students in the Communication Department, but students in all tracks can apply to earn credit for an internship, if eligibility requirements are met before applying. Internships can be with local, regional, national or international organizations.
For more information on how to find, apply, and register for a credit-earning Communication internship, review the following two video presentations and read the information available in the links that follow. To avoid technical problems, view the videos using either Safari or Firefox browsers.
- Internship Information and Application Packet (PDF)
- Leads List for Delmarva Internships (Interest Tabs at bottom of Excel Spreadsheet)
- Leads List for Internships outside of the Salisbury Area (PDF)
- Online Faculty Recommendation Form (Requires SU Login)
Deadline for Submission of Application Materials:
- For Winter/Spring 2020 Internships - Tuesday, 26 November 2019, 4:00pm
- For Summer 2020 Internships - Submission deadline: Wednesday 29 April, 2020 4:00pm.
- For Fall 2020 Internships – Preferred submission deadline: Wednesday 29 April 2020, 4:00pm. Fall 2020 internship application submission will re-open Monday, 17 August until Friday, 21 August 2020, at 4:00pm.
- For Winter/Spring 2021 Internships - Wednesday, 2 December 2020 4:00pm
- For Summer 2021 Internships - Submission deadline: Wednesday, 28 April 2021, 4:00pm.
- For Fall 2021 Internships – Preferred submission deadline: Wednesday, 28 April 2021, 4:00pm. Fall 2021 internship application submission will re-open Monday, 16 August until Friday, 20 Aug. 2021 at 4:00pm.
- For Winter/Spring 2022 Internships - Wednesday, 1 December 2021, 4:00pm
- For Summer 2022 Internships - Submission deadline: Wednesday, 27 April 2022, 4:00pm.
- For Fall 2022 Internships – Preferred submission deadline: Wednesday, 27 April 2022, 4:00pm. Fall 2022 internship application submission will re-open Monday, 15 August until Friday, 19 August 2022 at 4:00pm.
- For Winter/Spring 2023 Internships - Wednesday, 30 November 2022, 4:00pm
Each semester, former and current interns representing each Communication track participate in a panel presentation, followed by a Q&A session, in which they discuss the successes and challenges of their internship experience. This is a great opportunity for you to learn from other students and to ask the internship director questions about the internship process.
- Fall Semester, 2019
Wednesday, 30 October 2019
5:00 - 6:30pm
Location: TE 152
- Spring Semester, 2020
Wednesday, 1 April 2020
5:00 - 6:30pm