Required Materials to Apply for the Academy
Applications for the academy will be accepted on a biannual basis. Admission to the program is competitive. Please check for deadlines for upcoming academies. All materials (including mailed materials) are due by the deadline; incomplete applications will not be considered. Accepted attendees will be notified by the notification date listed on the website.
Each applicant will be required to write a brief statement (250 words or less) on their philosophy of teaching and learning in nursing education. Space to submit the statement can be found on the electronic application.
***Please note – all potential academy participants MUST hold a baccalaureate degree or higher in nursing and have a minimum of 2 years of relevant clinical experience.
Materials to be submitted in order for your application to be considered:
- Online application form including statement
- Current Resume – upload to documents folder
- Current, unencumbered MD RN license or RN licensure in compact state – upload a copy of your license or the license lookup page from your state board of nursing website – upload to documents folder
- Two professional recommendations to be added directly to the application by the reference*
- Official sealed transcripts - must be mailed
*If reference is unable to upload recommendation through the website, a physical copy of the reference letter, signed by the reference, can be mailed to the ESFAMI staff directly from the reference. We will NOT accept any references directly mailed by the applicant.
**Additional information may be required and must be submitted upon request
Please include your application ID number (given when online application completed) on all documentation. Please address all written documents to:
School of Nursing
1101 Camden Avenue
Salisbury, MD 21801