Athletic Training Graduate Admission
Students applying to the M.S. in athletic training program must complete the following prerequisite courses with grades of C or better:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Basic Athletic Training Course
- Health and Wellness
- Anatomy and Physiology (8 credits)
- Chemistry (4 credits)
- General Physics (4 credits)
- Kinesiology with Lab
- Exercise Physiology with Lab
You must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Admission to the program requires applicants to complete an Application for Graduate Admission at Salisbury University – visit the Graduate Studies Office for details – and the following program-specific requirements:
- Two letters of recommendation. One must be from an athletic trainer who provided clinical supervision within the past two years.
- An essay that addresses a current health-related topic. Rating on this essay will be based on critical thinking and writing ability.
- Preferred, but not required: Verification of current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification as a health care provider or professional rescuer.
- Preferred, but not required: Verification of First Aid Certification.
Students can also apply by visiting the Athletic Training Centralized Application System.