Perdue School of Business
Student Behavior Policy for the Perdue School of Business
Frank Perdue Ethical Will
Before his death, Frank Perdue prepared an Ethical Will to bequeath to his family. His family graciously shared his Ethical Will with Salisbury University.
- Be honest always.
- Be a person that others are justified in trusting.
- If you say you will do something, do it.
- You don't have to be the best, but you should be the best you can be.
- Treat all people with courtesy and respect, no exceptions.
- Remember that the way to be happy is to think of what you can do for others. The way to be miserable is to think about what people should be doing for you.
- Be part of something bigger than your own self. That something can be family, pursuit of knowledge, the environment, or whatever you choose.
- Remember that hard work is satisfying and fulfilling.
- Nurture the ability to laugh and have fun.
- Have respect for those who have gone before; learn from their weaknesses; build on their strengths.