Information For Faculty
The Web Office provides support and training for faculty websites and other academic initiatives on the University website.
FAQS & Resources for Faculty
- All faculty have personal web space.
The physical location of this web space is
P:\htdocs (for PCs) or
Personal Folder > htdocs (for Macs).
- The web address or URL for your
~username is ~ (tilde - upper left of keyboard) and
your SU username as in ~tvsmith)
- No server side technology is
available for the faculty personal sites, but accommodations
can be made if you need web applications. Contact us
directly or fill out the online
web work request form.
- Download Faculty website template (view template in use opens in new window)
To use this page as your faculty homepage, follow these steps:
- Click View > Source. You should see the html code of the page in Notepad (if using Internet Explorer)
- Then click File > Save As, select "All Files" for the "Save As Type" drop-down, and add the ".htm" extension to the file name.
- Save the file to your P:\htdocs folder - Username on 'nas\personal' (P:).
- Update the page using Expression
Web or SharePoint Designer 2007:
- Click File > Open Site.
- Browse to P:\htdocs.
- Click Open – your site should
- Once you are finished, save the file as welcome.htm,
or change the file name to welcome.htm.
This file will be come your faculty home page.
Note: you may already have a file called "welcome.htm"