Web Development Office
Cascade CMS Version 8 How To...
Migrate your content into the CMS
- Navigate to the page which needs to be migrated into the CMS. (Easiest way to tell is if the layout seems skinnier/more condensed then other SU webpages)
- Check URL for name of page and its extension. The name of a page is the last part of the url minus the extension. EX. http://www.salisbury.edu/weboffice/CMS/how-to/migrate-content.html has a page name of "migrate-content" and an extension of ".html".
- Any page you want to migrate into the CMS should have an extension of .html if it does not please contact us first before attempting to migrate the page.
- Create a new page and give the page the same system name as the page you are migrating.
Note: When creating the new page it must be created in the same server location as the old page.
- In a new browser window navigate to the page you want to migrate.
- Enter in the page heading content as it appears on the page you wish to migrate.
- Copy content from old page and paste into page block area of new page.
Note: Content pasted into page blocks may need to be worked with to get the correct formatting.
- Click Save & Preview and then publish the new page.
Note: Publishing the new page will overwrite the old page permanently.
Image: URL information location
Image: Copying content to be migrated