Supporting a Position with Evidence
by Alexis Aguilar
Select one of the statements below.
Use the statement as the first sentence in a paragraph.
Write one or two paragraphs (150-250 words) providing
evidence to support your statement. Evidence may include
specific examples, case studies, expert opinion, and
your own experience.
• The broad geographic ranges of many plants can in part
be explained by winter temperatures.
• Small birds often have winter range limits that are
apparently dictated by low temperatures.
• A clear biogeographic relationship exists between
water availability and the places where plant species
are found growing.
• If a predator depends on only one prey species, the
geographic distribution of the predator is limited to
the geographic distribution of the prey species.
• Competitive exclusion of one species by another
species may be an important factor in determining range