Showcase Choreography Audition
Monday, September 8, 2008
Proposal due online on or before 12:00 noon
Audition in alphabetical order 5:30-6:30 p.m.
You Need to Know and Do
The Fall Showcase is a program of audition-selected works
choreographed by SUDC members.
Musical accompaniment that is
instrumental (no words) is judged more highly than sung
Choreographer Prerequisites: one fall and one spring
semester of previous SUDC membership.
Proposal; download, complete, and submit online by
due date/time; print copy for yourself and bring to
Prepare a five-minute solo audition in support of your
written proposal: 1) demonstrate a movement phrase
from the choreography to music on CD-ROM, 2) present costume
or catalog picture.
Roster of selected choreographers will be posted Monday
evening at 10:00 p.m. By Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.,
selected choreographers must confirm acceptance or they will
be dropped from the choreography roster.
Showcase Choreographer Requirements
- Selected choreographers plan and hold a Showcase Casting Audition for DANC-106
Dance Company at the 2nd class meeting [allow for Monday Labor Day Holiday],
- Meet immediately after to negotiate and follow casting policies:
- No pre-casting.
- Select only from Showcase Casting Audition participants.
- Guest performer must be pre-approved by director.
- A dance cast can number from one to seven dancers.
- A dance cast must include both new and returning
- New member defined as having one or two
semesters of SUDC.
- Cast numbering one to four dancers must include
at least one new member.
- Cast numbering five to seven dancers must
include at least two new members.
- A dance cast roster must include one understudy per dance.
- A dancer can rehearse/perform from one to three Showcase works in addition to
- Rehearsals begin the day following Showcase Casting Audition (Tuesday).
- Log-in regularly at
MyClasses@SU course web site.
Keep director informed of rehearsal problems or concerns.
Follow schedule and submit Production Forms online through
MyClasses@SU course web site:
- Costume Order
- Press Release - Program Bio - Program Text
- Technical Q2Q
- CD-ROM with Master Recording Instructions