To be eligible for this scholarship program participants have to:
1. Be classroom teachers currently teaching/employed in one of the following eight Maryland counties: Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, or Worcester.
2. Accepted candidates must meet Maryland residency
requirements for tuition purposes. Maryland residency qualifications may be found at
3. Possess current Maryland state certification/provisional certification in any content area.
4. Be teaching at any grade level (pre-K through 12) and in any content area.
5. Possess a minimum of an undergraduate baccalaureate degree in any subject area. (If GPA was not 3.0 or higher, contact Bob Hoffman at 410 - 543 - 6224.)
In order to ensure that participants in this program reflect a fair cross-section of the multi-ethnic diversity of the Eastern Shore of Maryland, applications from traditionally underrepresented minority and linguistic groups in the teaching profession are strongly encouraged. This aim is to ensure that professional diversity matches existent student diversity in these rural counties. Individuals with foreign language experience or who are bilingual are strongly encouraged to apply.