1. Teams must be of one gender.
2. Team roster shall be limited to 15 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel, with a maximum of four out-of-state residents. Roster changes shall be allowed only as permitted by ESSG.
3. All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
4. Athletes may compete with only one team per sport.
5. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31, 2008.
1. Tournament format will be pool play, with as many teams as possible advancing to a single elimination championship bracket. At the completion of the first round of pool play, teams will be placed into new pools prior to the beginning of the second round of pool play.
2. Awards will be presented for 1st through 3rd place within each age division.
3. Teams will be required to provide line judges and scorekeepers during competition.
4. Net height shall be in accordance with USA Volleyball rules.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Volleyball rules, except as modified herein.
2. Team clothing should be of like design and color. Teams must have shirts numbered both front and back.
3. A team must have at least five players present to start a game; otherwise, the game is forfeited. Teams will allowed a five-minute grace period to assemble a minimum of five players. The sixth player may enter upon arrival. In the event of injury, a team may continue/finish with a minimum of four players on the floor.
4. Teams competing with only five players shall always have three players on the front row. No service rotation penalty shall be assessed for not having six players.
5. To win the match, a team must win two out of three games.
6. In round robin play, USA Volleyball rules governing tie-breakers will be used.