Eastern Shore Senior Games
Singles/Doubles/Mixed Doubles TENNIS
- Doubles partners who register together must play together.
If one of the partners cannot attend, no substitute partner
will be allowed. Athletes may compete with only one
partner per event. Under ESSG rules, doubles and mixed doubles
are classified as events. Therefore, athletes may not compete
in more than one age division per event.
- The age division of competition for doubles will be
determined by the lower age of the two partners as of December
- Athletes must provide their own racquets and practice
- Athletes may enter a maximum of two tennis events in which
they have qualified.
Awards will be presented for 1st through
3rd place within each age bracket.
The ESSG reserves the right to change the
tournament format for any age division based on entry numbers,
space restrictions, or other circumstance.
- Tournament format will be single elimination with a
consolation bracket for first round losers.
- All matches will be conducted in accordance
with United States Tennis Association (USTA) rules, except as
- If an athlete is entered in more than one
tennis event, a situation may arise wherein he/she will have
to play more than the USTA-recommended number of matches in
any given day. Attempts will be made to schedule in such a
manner to avoid conflicts between events. However, it is the
responsibility of the athlete to make conflicts known to the
Competition Manager with sufficient time in order to
reschedule or withdraw.
- There will be a one-minute break every two
- Matches shall consist of two sets using
regular scoring. Ties will be broken using a