Eastern Shore Senior Games
Backstroke: 50-, 100-, 200-Meters.
Breaststroke: 50-, 100-, 200-Meters.
Butterfly: 50-, 100-Meters.
Freestyle: 50-, 100-, 200-, 500-Meters.
Individual Medley: 100-, 200-Meters (Four Strokes).
- Swimmers may enter a maximum of four events.
- Swimmers must provide their own suits, caps, goggles, towels, etc.
- All swimming events will be timed finals.
- Warm-up time will be available.
- All swimmers in the 400-meter freestyle will be required to check-in
at the venue.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 3rd place for each
event within each age division.
This meet will be conducted in accordance with United States
Masters Swimming rules, except as modified herein. The major points of the rules
- Starts: The forward start may be taken from the
starting blocks, the pool deck or a push from the wall. The backstroke
start is taken from the wall. A false start will result in
- Turns: The breaststroke and butterfly turns must be
done with both hands touching the wall simultaneously. The backstroke and
freestyle events require some part of the body to touch the wall.
- Backstroke: There are no rules pertaining to arm or leg
movements. The swimmer is allowed to turn over on his/her stomach during
the turn prior to touching the wall.
- Breaststroke: The appropriate stroke is required.
- Butterfly: The appropriate stroke is required. The whip
kick or the dolphin kick may be used exclusively or interchangeably while
doing the butterfly
- Freestyle: Swimmers must touch the wall at each turn
and at the finish. Any stroke may be used, and swimmers may switch strokes
whenever they wish, except that in an individual medley event,
freestyle means any stroke other than butterfly, breaststroke, or
- Medley: The order of strokes in the individual medley
is butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle. Rules for the
individual strokes govern strokes and turns.
- General: Any swimmer who uses improper methods in order
to obtain an advantage over his/her competition will be disqualified from