Formal Recruitment Rules
- A potential new member is ineligible for membership recruitment if she has already been initiated into a National Panhellenic Conference sorority.
- A potential new member is ineligible for membership recruitment if she has been a new member of a National Panhellenic Conference sorority at Salisbury University within the past calendar year.
- A potential new member must provide her own
transportation to and from membership recruitment events.
- If a potential new member accepts an invitation and
fails to attend a recruitment event without submitting an
absentee form prior to the event, she will be ineligible to
continue in membership recruitment. In the event of a
scheduling conflict, illness or emergency, it is the
potential new member’s responsibility to notify the
Panhellenic Association and her Recruitment Counselor.
- A potential new member should contact the Panhellenic
Association and her Recruitment Counselor if she desires to
withdraw from the membership recruitment process.
- Throughout the entire membership recruitment process,
the potential new member may only visit and have contact
with each sorority within the designated recruitment
- Casual conversations between potential new members and
individual sorority members outside of the designated
recruitment schedule shall be kept friendly, brief and off
the topic of membership recruitment. Only sorority members
who currently live with a potential new member may be in her
place of residence during membership recruitment, and vice
- All recruitment-related questions or issues should be
directed to either the Panhellenic Association or a
Recruitment Counselor only.
- No sorority member may buy or give anything to a
potential new member.
- A potential new member should not give a promise, either
verbal or written, to join a certain sorority before bids
are issued through the Panhellenic Association.
- A potential new member will complete the Membership
Recruitment Acceptance Agreement after the Preference Round.
This is a binding contract once it has been signed, and no
changes may be made.
- Any potential new member who signs the Membership
Recruitment Acceptance Agreement and receives a bid at the
end of membership recruitment will be bound by the agreement
for one calendar year at Salisbury University.
- At no point should a potential new member be encouraged
to “intentionally single preference”. This is defined as
failing to accept any invitation for a membership
recruitment event for which there was room in her
recruitment schedule or failing to list all sororities
attended during Preference Round on the Membership
Recruitment Acceptance Agreement.