Office of the Registrar
Holloway Hall

New Students

         Welcome to SU!

To begin using your VA Education Benefits, supporting documents are needed for the University to certify your enrollment with the VA.  To access your benefits, you must first complete an Application for Education Benefits online through the VA’s website,  If you do not already have your Certificate of Eligibility, please provide the Registrar’s Office with a copy of your completed Application.


Veterans     Dependents


Any Kickers

VONAPP (if do not yet have COE)

Certificate of Eligibility

SU Veterans Benefits Certification Request

Official military transcript (SMART transcript)

Certificate of Eligibility
or Notice of Basic Eligibility

Transfer of Benefits documentation

SU Veterans Benefits Certification Request

Certificate of Eligibility

VONAPP (if do not yet have COE)



All new students must complete the SU Residency Application.  It will appear as an item on your To-Do List in Gull Net.  It is critical that if you are eligible for in-state tuition, that you get classified appropriately.  Any questions regarding military exceptions and your eligibility for in-state billing, please contact the Residency Office at


If you used your education benefits at another school, you must complete the VA form for a Change of Program or Place.  This can be completed online at (veterans should use the 22-1995; dependents should use the 22-5495).  After submitting this information to the VA, please provide the Registrar’s Office with a copy.


All documents should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office:

1101 Camden Avenue
Holloway Hall Room 120
Salisbury, MD 21801

Fax: 410.677.5078


Phone: 410-543-6189

-- Top --