Office of the Registrar
Holloway Hall

How to Study at Another Institution

.: Additional information :.

Want to study at a Maryland Community College?
Go to ARTSYS to find out if the course will transfer. Then follow directions for a course review.

Want to take upper level major courses at another university?
With the approval of your department chair, some major courses may be taken at other institutions; follow the directions for a course review.

Do you want to take coursework at another institution? If so you will need to follow these steps.

To receive credit for courses taken at another institution, follow the steps below.

  1. Review your academic requirements page in Gullnet before selecting courses to take at another institution.
  2. Determine the school where you would like to take the course, and access the schools catalog.
  3. Find a course that you believe is compatible to the required course at Salisbury University. You can use ARTSYS to get a general idea of transferability, however it is not a guarantee.
  4. Copy the course description so that you may attach it later.
  5. Access the online Request to Study at Another Institution form found on the forms page.
  6. Clearly fill out all of the information on the form, including (but not limited to) the semester you plan to take the course, the school at which you plan to take it, and the course name and description. DO NOT fill in the gray box for the course equivalency. This is determined by the Registrar’s Office and/or the department.
  7. Submit the form to the Registrar’s Office with the course description attached.
  8. Allow up to two weeks for processing. The course may need to be reviewed by its Academic Department. This will take time. Once it has been processed, the form will be emailed to your student email account, with the equivalency section completed.
  9. If you have any questions, please email

* * *