Office of the Registrar
Holloway Hall


Adding a Class

  • Classes are added via Gullnet. For more information, see the How-to Video page
  • If a class is closed, you will not be able to add it via Gullnet. If you would like to add the class, you will need instructor and department chair permission. This can be obtained via an add/swap form found at the Registrar’s Office. Take this form to the instructor and department chair, and ask them to allow you into the class. IT IS ENTIRELY UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE INSTRUCTOR AND THE DEPARTMENT CHAIR AS TO WHETHER YOU ARE ALLOWED INTO THE CLASS OVER THE LIMIT. Then, bring the signed form back to the Registrar’s Office, along with a photo ID. The Registrar’s Office is unable to process any enrollment requests without a photo ID.
  • If a class requires a permission number, this is obtained through the department. Please contact the department if a permission number is required.

Dropping a Class

  • Classes are dropped via Gullnet. For more information, see the How-to Video page.
  • Classes can be dropped during the specific ADD/DROP period for any term without penalty- the course will not appear on a transcript.  After this deadline, students can only withdraw from the course and it will appear on the transcript with a grade of W.

Withdrawing from a Class

  • To withdraw from a class, drop the class on Gullnet the same way you would in the first week of classes. For more information, see the How-to Video page.
  • Withdraws occur after the first week of classes, and will appear on a student’s transcript with a grade of “W.” This grade shows that you attempted the class, but withdrew from it.
  • Withdraws can occur until mid-semester. After that, you must speak with the Dean of your school, and may (or may not) receive a “WP” or a “WF” grade, which is a withdraw while passing/failing. For specific dates, see the Academic Calendar.

* * *