Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University BW
A Maryland University of National Distinction
navigation icon opens header SALISBURY UNIVERSITY

Office of the Registrar
navigation icon opens menu

Changing Name, SSN or Birth Date

Name, SSN or Birth Date changes represent a critical alteration to your records. Therefore, any student requesting a change of name must complete the form below and provide the following legal documentation to ensure the security of their records:

Changing your Social Security Number

Picture ID & Copy of Social Security Card

Changing your Birth Date

Picture ID & Copy of Birth Certificate or Driver's License, or other government issued identification showing the correct date of birth.

Changing your Name

Picture ID & Court Document, Marriage License, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card or other government issued identification.  Name changes resulting from marriage, divorce or other legal actions require a copy of marriage certificate or other official court document authorizing the change.

Requests may be made in person, mail, or scanned email.

• Registrar's Office, 120 Holloway Hall

• Requests by mail should be addressed to: 

Salisbury University
1101 Camden Avenue
Salisbury, MD 21801-6860

Need help or have questions about this page? Please visit our Ask a Question or Report a Problem page.
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000