Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University BW
A Maryland University of National Distinction
navigation icon opens header SALISBURY UNIVERSITY

navigation icon opens menu

Adjunct FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Adjuncts Home »

The basement of the Commons (across from the Bookstore). See Campus Map here:

Your Gull Card gets you access to university buildings, sporting events, cultural events, and can even be used as a pre-paid debit card. Many local restaurants and retailers give Gull Card holders a discount. For a list of these discounts and further instructions on the Gull Card, go to

Parking permits are handled through the SU Police department. Application forms are available here:

Individual departments may vary so check with your department chair. All SU syllabi, though, should include the following elements: professor's name, contact information, and office hours; expected outcomes for the course; a list of any books or materials to be purchased for the course; a course schedule (including test and assignment due dates); the grading policy; attendance policy; and a statement explaining how the course meets the university's Writing Across the Curriculum initiative ( In addition to these required elements, faculty are strongly encouraged to include information about the Writing Center, Center for Student Achievement, and the Student Disability Support Services.

If there are no other faculty around who can open the door for you, please contact University Police at 410-543-6222.

Classroom Technology Services can help you with any technical difficulties in your classroom. Their number is 410-677-5454.

If you know in advance that you will have to miss a class, you might schedule an academic activity outside the class, or ask a colleague to cover for you. If the decision to cancel class is sudden (due to illness or another emergency) you should notify your students as quickly as possible. You can contact them via email through GullNet by opening your class roster and hitting "contact all." In addition, if at all possible you should contact your department administrative assistant during regular business hours to request that a sign be posted in the classroom notifying students that your class is canceled.

If SU is closing due to weather or some other emergency, the closing will be announced on the SU website. The inclement weather policy can be found here:

Different departments handle this differently, so your best bet is to contact your department chair. In general, adding students above the course limit is not recommended.

Students with documented disabilities work with the Office of Student Disability Support Services (OSDSS) located in the Guerrieri University Center, Room 242 A student needing an accommodation must get documentation from that office including a specific list of accommodations and present it to you. Federal law requires you to make any reasonable accommodations for students, and the staff of the OSDSS will work with you and the student to make plans to meet the requirements. The OSDSS provides proctored space for students to take exams, write in-class essays, and other activities that typically require accommodations. Should you have any concerns that the listed accommodations would fundamentally alter the nature of your class, please contact OSDSS to have a discussion about potential alternatives.

Ideally, you should first take the student aside and ask that they discontinue the disruptive behavior. If that fails, or if you believe that the disruptive behavior is in any way threatening to you or the students, you should immediately call University Police at 410-543-6222. University police can also escort you to your vehicle if you are teaching at night and feel uncomfortable walking back to your car.

We take cases of academic integrity very seriously at SU. The policy can be found here:

If a student cheats in your class, you have the ability to issue a sanction ranging from a warning to an F in the course. You must fill out an Academic Integrity Violation Incident Report (available at the website above) and send it to the Office of Academic Affairs. It is important to do so even if you are simply giving the student a warning, as repeat offenders may face additional university sanctions.

Although you are not required to have a final exam, per se, you MUST have some sort of academic activity during the time scheduled for your exam. This is an important part of our compliance with state regulations. You are not required to move an exam for a student unless they have three exams scheduled for the same day.

Grades are entered in GullNet. Instructions for entering grades can be found here: - login required.

Click the "Grading" link once you have logged in.

You should enter your course grades as soon as they have been finalized, so that the Registrar's Office can run their end-of-semester processes.

As a member of the campus community you are a mandatory reporter, subject to the requirements of the policy below.  Please take a few minutes to review the policy.

* * *
Need help or have questions about this page? Please visit our Ask a Question or Report a Problem page.
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000