Test Your Knowledge
Now that you have reviewed Salisbury University’s emergency
procedures, let’s test your knowledge. Please answer the
True or False:
- A tornado warning is issued when a tornado has been
sighted in the area of the campus.
- There are two waves of emergency alerts. They are the
initial alert or first wave and the update or second wave.
- An armed intruder means that one or more persons are
armed with weapons on or in the immediate area of the
- If there is an event that requires the immediate
evacuation of the entire campus, you will be permitted 5
minutes to finish whatever you are doing before evacuating.
- The Emergency Alert System includes the following:
siren and paging system, emergency mass notification system,
Campus TV Channel 24, and emergency email notification.
- Key individuals have been trained to share emergency
alert information with specific areas of their
- Questions concerning the emergency response capabilities
should be directed to the University Police Chief.
8. When witnessing an event that you consider an emergency,
you should do the following: