Walking alone at night is not the best choice an individual can make. There have been several incidents that have taken place on campus where individuals were victims of a crime when they were out walking by themselves. Use these tips to better protect yourself.
- Avoid walking alone at night. Use the escort service — SUPD x36222 or Saferide 410-677-5000.
- Keep to well lit, commonly traveled routes.
- Stay away from using shortcuts, especially in dark isolated places.
- Do not walk or jog alone. Take a friend or a number of friends along with you.
- Avoid potentially dangerous situations.
- If you feel threatened, cross the street, locate an emergency phone, go into a classroom building, and find help.
- Have your door keys ready; carry them in your pockets, not buried in your purse.
- Carry your purse close to your body and keep a firm grip on it.