Spring break for Salisbury University occurs the week of March 19-23. Many students will be away from their off-campus apartment or house. The safety of these dwellings is a great concern as some off-campus residences have been burglarized in years past. Here are some crime prevention tips to be aware of while you are away on Springbreak.
- Have good locks on the doors and windows — use them.
- Make sure your residence appears lived in — not empty.
- Ask a neighbor to keep an eye on your residence while you are gone.
- Use timers to turn lights, TV’s, or radios on and off while you are gone.
- Turn your phone ringers down or off.
- Do not announce your absence on your answering machine.
- Try to leave a vehicle parked in the driveway while you are gone.
- Take all valuables with you.
- Ask the local police to check your residence while you are away.