National Business Women's Week 2013
It was 85 years ago that records the first annual observance of National Business Women's Week with the purpose to "focus the public attention upon a better business woman for a better business world" ~ Lena Madesin Phillips. This recognition has grown into a national salute to all workingwomen. During National Business Women's Week, Oct. 21-25, we will honor and celebrate the progress women have made as corporate executives, business owners, and entrepreneurs.
More than 25 outstanding women have been invited by participating faculty to be classroom guest speakers. We welcome all students, faculty, staff, and community members to attend the "Women in Business" Round Table panel on Thursday, October 24 from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. This Round Table provides an opportunity for all to ask questions of successful business women in order to gain insight onto topics crucial for professional growth.
Click image for video:
SVP and Managing Director
of International Business
at Donna Karan and Maidenform
There is one featured video interview conducted by Student Business Leader Kassandra Reyes. Kassandra interviewed Patricia Royak, SVP and Managing Director International of Donna Karan and Maidenform.
A special awareness ribbon has been designed featuring the colors of National Business Women's Week. The blue and silver ribbons will be passed out to Perdue students and guests throughout at the week.
During this special week, as we feature events to bring together alumni, students, faculty, staff and student members, we urge everyone to "go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve" ~ Mary Kay Ash, founder Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Thank you to all of our guest classroom speakers for inspiring us with your wisdom.
- Alysson DuPont, Calvin Taylor Bank
- Amy Miller, Sperry Van Ness
- Angela Baskerville, Perdue Farms
- Carol Haltaman, Handy International
- Carol Wright, Vernon Powell (VP) Shoes
- Carrie Lewis, Humane Society
- Casey Holt, Insight Global
- Dana Mottley, Bay Bank
- Dawn Brandstrom, Bergvik North America
- Elise Buck, MMI
- Grace Murdock, Professional Grace
- Hilary Wright, Perdue Farms Incorporated
- President Janet Dudley-Eshbach, Salisbury University
- Kathy Kiernan, Affiliated Power Purchasers Int'l
- Kaytlyn Senkbeil, Mortgage Network
- Lauren Kimel, M&T Bank
- Lynn Carter, Target
- Melanie Perreault, Salisbury University
- Melinda Tingle, Edward Jones
- Patricia Royak, Maidenform
- Rachel Bomar, Nanticoke Health Services
- Sandy Fitzgerald, Pohanka
- Stacy Weisner, Delmarva Zoological Society