National Business Women's Week 2012
Only twenty years ago, it was still legal to require a woman to have a male co-signer before receiving a business loan. Today there are 7.2 million majority-owned, privately-held, women-owned businesses in the Unites States. During National Business Women's Week, Oct. 22-26, we will honor and celebrate the progress women have made as business owners and entrepreneurs.
More than 25 outstanding women have been invited by participating faculty to be classroom guest speakers. There will be a Women in Business Panel on Oct. 23rd in the Perdue Hall Auditorium from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. The discussion is open to everyone, seniors and MBA students are encouraged to attend. Area business women and local Human Resource Directors will be available to discuss success for women in the workplace.
We welcome Rosemary Reed, Owner and President of Double R Productions, as the Executive Speaker featured. She will be speaking on Oct. 25th in the Holloway Hall Auditorium at 3:30 pm. Sign up to attend here (click here).
Click image to play video in
President of Junior Achievement
of the Eastern Shore
Dr. Peggy Naleppa
Owner of Pohanka
There are three featured video interviews conducted by Student Business Gloria Majchrzak. Gloria interviewed Jayme Weeg, President of Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore, Sandy Fitzgerald, Owner of Pohanka Automotive, and Dr. Peggy Naleppa of Peninsula Regional Medical Center.
A special bookmark has been designed for the celebration. These bookmarks and Shore Women magazine, will be placed throughout Perdue Hall for students to have.
During this special week, as we feature events to bring together alumni, students, faculty, staff and student members, we urge everyone to
"Dwell in possibility." ~ Emily Dickinson
Thank you to all of our guest classroom speakers for inspiring us with your wisdom.
- Annie Discroll, Under Armour
- Carol Wright, Vernon Powell (VP) Shoes
- Carrie Lewis, Humane Society
- Dana Mottley, Bay Bank
- Eileen Burza, Perdue Farms
- Gail McWilliam, Perdue Farms Incorporated
- Hala Mcgiver, FACE for Children in Need USA Inc. & Hala Mark LLC
- Hilary Wright, Perdue Farms Incorporated
- Jayme Weeg, Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore
- Jennifer Layton, Layton's Chance Vineyard and Winery
- Kathy Kiernan, Affiliated Power Purchasers Int'l
- Jackie Gast, Eastern Shore Business Leadership Network
- Robyn White, Long & Foster
- Lauren Kimel, M&T Bank
- Lisa Challenger, Worcester County Tourism
- Lois Lake-Moorhead, Perdue Farms
- Marilynn Allen (Lynn), Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Mary Willis, US Army
- Melanie Pursel, Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Rachael King, Adobe
- Sandy Fitzgerald, Pohanka
- Sharon Harrington, Nanticoke Health Services
- Stacy Weisner, Delmarva Zoological Society
- Susan Martin, Vantage Point Solutions
- Tabitha Newton, Perdue Farms