Perdue Video Archive
- Now: Thu Oct 01 13:39:05 EDT 2015
- Today: $today
- Oct 1, 2015 1:39:05 PM
- 10-01-2015 01:39 PM
- October 1, 2015 1:39:05 PM EDT
Enable: $enabledate, Expire: $expiredate
- National Business Women’s Week 2013 - It was 85 years ago that records the first annual observance of National Business Women's Week with the purpose to "focus the public attention upon a better business woman for a better business world" ~ Lena Madesin Phillips. This recognition has grown into a national salute to all workingwomen. During National Business Women's Week, Oct. 21-25, we will honor and celebrate the progress women have made as corporate executives, business owners, and entrepreneurs.
- National Business Women’s Week 2012 - Only twenty years ago, it was still legal to require a woman to have a male co-signer before receiving a business loan. Today there are 7.2 million majority-owned, privately-held, women-owned businesses in the Unites States. During National Business Women's Week, Oct. 22-26, 2012 we honor and celebrate the progress women have made as business owners and entrepreneurs.
- National Business Women’s Week 2011 - October 17 through 21, 2011
There are three featured video interviews conducted by Student Business Leaders Kori Pitts and Valerie Sheehan. Kori interviewed Lisa Woodward of Perdue Farms and Dr. Peggy Naleppa of Peninsula Regional Medical Center. Valerie interviewed Susan Wilgus, owner of Wilgus Insurance. The ABLE Program has provided a video interview with Lisa Woodward to be uploaded to MyClasses for students who are participating in the program to view.
- Perdue Hall Construction Time-lapse Video - August 2009 - August 2011 (1:47)
- Professional Development Week 2011 - April 18through April 22, 2010
Professional Development Week provides an opportunity for students to learn skills that are important for success in today’s business world. The Perdue School of Business is raising awareness of professional development during Professional Development Week, April 18th through April 22nd with a variety of events.
- Entrepreneurship Series - March 14 through March 18, 2011
In celebration of the entrepreneurial spirit, the University has hosted local business owners sharing their stories and experiences with our students. Our aim was not only to educate the students with important life lessons stemming from their own business startup, but to send a message to current student entrepreneurs to follow their passions and make their ideas become realities. Among the entrepreneurs who visited the Perdue School were Frank Gunion, founder of South Moon Under; Mike Nally of Lead Your Way Solutions; and Dave Rommel of Harley Davidson.
- Ethics Week 2011 - February 28 through March 4, 2011
The featured video interviews have been conducted by Student Business Leaders John Stockel, Hunter McIntyre, and Jamie Douglas, and Marketing Professor Paula Morris. These interviews present leaders in the business world who consistently display high ethical standards. John Stockel interviewed Jim Perdue, the chairman and Spokesperson for Perdue Farms. Paula Morris interviewed Carie Lewis ('03), Director of Emerging Media Online Communications for the Human Society of the United States. Hunter McIntyre interviewed Terry Mead, CEO, Avon-Dixon, LLC; and Jamie Douglas interviewed Stephanie Downes, Mortgage Consultant, Wells Fargo.
- National Business Women’s Week 2010 - October 18 through 22, 2010
The featured video interviews were conducted by a senior Student Business Leader, Janessa Wolf. She interviewed Lili Kohr, Owner of Tiger Lili, a fashion boutique; Jennifer Layton, Project Manager at Matech, past Bernstein Award participant with a winning business plan that helped her open Layton’s Chance Vineyard and Winery; and Kim Lutch, Senior Associate with the Becker Morgan Group, Inc and Co-chair of the Young Professionals Committee.