WHAT IS ABLE?
- ABLE is an Applied Business Learning Experience
that is required of all students graduating with a major
from the Perdue School of Business.
- ABLE is an internship designed
to allow students to participate in an approved work or
course experience relevant to a
chosen academic major and related to career objectives.
- ABLE internships are designed to give students
on-the-job experience and includes a faculty guided class
that must be taken at the same time a student is completing
a work site internship.
After completing an ABLE internship, students will
- Successfully navigated a job search to obtain an
internship position or
negotiated a new work experience within a current
- Participated in an approved work or course experience
meeting the minimum requirement of 10 hours per week for at
least 10 weeks (100 hours). Students with Finance or
Management Information Systems majors may elect to
participate in an applied learning practicum or experiential
course (either FINA 449 or INFO 476) to satisfy their
applied learning requirement. ACCT majors
complete ACCT 407 and ACCT 497 which satisfies their ABLE
requirement. Some ACCT majors choose to also complete a 490
course to accumulate enough credit hours to sit for the MD
- Worked to the satisfaction of a business professional.
- Completed a graded 3 credit
course while completing the 100 hour
The purpose of the ABLE program is to provide work experience
within a particular field of study. Students should be
- Take steps toward personal and professional growth.
- Work to the satisfaction of a business professional.
- Discover how their talents, personality and
approach to work
will play an important role in their professional
- Develop a sense of respect for the business community
and the professionals they work with.
- Accept responsibility for the choices made and effort
put forth in the context of career exploration and
- Discover first hand that a career is a reward that is
ready for an ABLE Internship?