ABLE For Employers
Will be at least a second semester junior already
admitted to the upper division professional program in the Franklin P.
Perdue School of Business.
completed pre-professional coursework with a minimum 2.6 GPA.
completed the following pre-professional coursework:
- Principles of Accounting 1 and 2
- Macro and Micro Economics
Computer Use and Information Concepts for Management
- Business Statistics
- Financial Management
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Management and Organization Behavior
Will have chosen one of the following majors, pursuing the appropriate
coursework to complete their academic degree.
- Information Systems
May have little experience in a
professional environment. Reinforce professional behavior and cover
the basics with them.
from a well defined internship.
Need guidance and open, positive
communication with the internship supervisor.
likely be "Millenials"
(born after 1982).
"Millenials" have a unique set of views about life and work.
Most "Millenials" expect to "try on" several jobs during the
first few years of their career and have high expectations regarding the balance
between personal and professional life. Other
characteristics typical of many Millenials(1) include:
- Strengths in multitasking and goal orientation
- Positive attitudes and collaborative style
- Gravitate toward group activity
- Believe it's cool to be smart
- Are fascinated by new technologies
EDUCAUSEreview, July/August 2003