Hello from the Dean’s Office. Happy 2017!
Entrepreneurship is thriving in the Perdue School. We are happy to announce the March 1 launch of our Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development Hub. Located on the first floor of Perdue Hall (formerly Student Services), this space will be dedicated to all things innovation. The Hub will house our expanding Innovation Lab, led by Professor Gene Hahn.
In addition to the 3D-printing support and emerging technology support for prototyping, the Hub will bring together faculty, staff and students who support the economic development and entrepreneurship initiatives on campus. Dedicated spaces with specialized features will enable idea generation, opportunity assessment, business plan preparation and competition readiness for all SU students. Freshman and Sophomore Entrepreneurship LLC students and members of the Collegiate Entrepreneurship Organization will share this space for student-to-student business plan preparation and coaching. Perdue School faculty and staff, leaders from the Small Business Development Center, BEACON, the SU Foundation and others supporting entrepreneurship will have areas to meet with students, entrepreneurship “eco-system” members, business-partners and community leaders to encourage idea generation and business plan development in preparation for success in the student entrepreneurship competitions and Shore Hatchery. The Entrepreneurship Faculty Learning Community and other innovating and entrepreneurial faculty across campus will have the opportunity to use the Hub for cross discipline collaboration and innovation opportunities.
Please stop by and take a tour of this exciting new space.
Please also make note of the following important dates in the Perdue School:
- Executive Leadership Speaker – Barry Ziehl, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs and Strategic Initiatives, Warner Brothers Entertainment – Thursday, March 2
- Second Annual Student Fulbright Reception – Thursday, March 9
- MASMI Meet the Sponsors and Job Fair – Friday, March 10
- Ethics Week – March 13-17
- Gamma Beta Sigma Induction Ceremony – Friday, April 7
- Professional Development Week – April 10-14
- Shore Hatchery Competition – Thursday, April 20
- Entrepreneurship Competitions – Friday, April 21
- Perdue School Executive Advisory Council Business Leadership Award Luncheon – Monday, April 24
- Accounting Awards Banquet – Friday, May 12
- Undergraduate Graduation – Thursday, May 25
We look forward to a great spring semester and welcome you to be a part of it.