<%@ Language=VBScript EnableSessionState=False %> <% on error resume next %> Get Politically Active

Institute for Public Affairs and Civic Engagement




Get Politically Active

Voter Registration

In order to become a registered voter in the State of Maryland, you  must complete the voter registration form and return it to your local county board of elections (their addresses can be found at the end of this document). The State of Maryland also allows you to complete voter registration at the Motor Vehicle Registration while completing another transaction.

For out of state students, as well as in-state students, wishing to change their voter registration address to be able to vote in the next upcoming election from a Salisbury or surrounding micropolitan area address, please complete this form. For all other indiviudals interested in changing parties or simply registering to vote for the first time, please complete this form as well.

Voter Application (PDF)

Contact Your Representatives

Contacting your representatives is your next step to political engagement. Understanding who your representatives (because of the obscurely drawn lines) is a challenge in itself. Check out this link to determine who your representatives are in the State of Maryland, and click on the following links to write to your representative.

Find out:
Who are my representatives?
          U.S. Congressman
          U.S. Senator
          State Delegate or Senator
          City Councilmember
          County Councilmember

Getting involved in Local Politics

Concerned about crime in the City of Salisbury? Have trash that isn't getting picked up? Want to report a pothole or just want to attend a city our county council meeting?

These links are all you need to get involved in Salisbury's City and County politics and will provide you with the resources to make sure that your voice is heard.