Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University BW
A Maryland University of National Distinction
navigation icon opens header SALISBURY UNIVERSITY

Off-Campus Housing
navigation icon opens menu

Renters Insurance

If your apartment is robbed or the apartment above you has a fire and the water used to extinguish it floods your apartment, your landlord’s policy likely will not pay to replace any of your stuff. That’s up to you. Your landlord or apartment association may have insurance, but this only protects the building, not your personal possessions. Renters insurance helps to covers the damage or loss to your personal belongings and will protect them in case of disaster. It is even more important to consider renters insurance when living with roommates because renters insurance can offer protection for accidents that are caused by other tenants. Look in the yellow pages of your local phonebook to see listings of local insurance companies and to get more information on policy quotes and prices.


Before moving in to your new residence, make sure you call all local utility companies at least two weeks in advance to get the services turned on. Below is a list of all the utility companies servicing the area.

Delmarva Power

Chesapeake Utilities
(natural gas)

Suburban Propane

Delmarva Oil
1-800-296-5175 TV/internet/phone

Satellite Internet

Peninsula Oil and Propane
(oil and propane)

Verizon (phone)

Comcast Delmarva
(cable: internet and phone)

Public Works Department


3 collage pictures

- Top -

Need help or have questions about this page? Please visit our Ask a Question or Report a Problem page.
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000