- Nondiscrimination - It is the policy of the State of Maryland to provide fair housing for all its inhabitants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. For more information on fair housing, please visit: http://mccr.maryland.gov/brochures/frhsgbrochure.pdf.
- Illegal Occupancy (City of Salisbury) - Tenants within Salisbury city limits must observe the city’s occupancy requirements. For more information on 17.04.120 of the Salisbury City Codes, please visit: http://library.municode.com/HTML/16600/level3/TIT17ZO_CH17.04GEPR_ARTIGEPR.html#TIT17ZO_CH17.04GEPR_ARTIGEPR_17.04.120DE.
Click on the link below of the Wicomico County Map to familiarize yourself with regulations in your area:
- Noise Ordinance (City of Salisbury) - Salisbury City Code prohibits plainly audible noise at 50 feet from the public street, public area or private property during the designated “quiet hours” between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. For more information on Salisbury City Code 8.20.020, Salisbury City Code 17.184.02 or Salisbury City Code 17.184.02 which provide general standards, prohibitions, exceptions and exemptions for noise regulations, please visit: http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16600.
- Keeping a Disorderly House (State of Maryland) - For more information on Salisbury City Code 8.08.020 which mandates the maintenance of curbs, gutters and sidewalks, please visit: http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16600.
- Alcoholic Beverages (State of Maryland) - It is illegal to consume alcoholic beverages on public property, obtain alcoholic beverages for minors and obtain alcoholic beverages by minors through misrepresentation of age. For more information on Salisbury City Code 9.08.100, Salisbury City Code 9.08.120, or Salisbury City Code 9.08.140, please visit: http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16600.
- Trash (City of Salisbury) - For more information on Salisbury City Code 8.16.060 collection rules and regulations, please visit: http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16600.
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to provide students of Salisbury University with information on expectations regarding responsible citizenship and standards of conduct associated with membership in the university community. Students are responsible for knowing and complying with these policies and regulations, which are incorporated into this code.
The Code of Conduct applies to all currently enrolled students. Student hosts are responsible for their guests and, therefore, should inform them of Salisbury University policies.