LUNAFEST Film Festival Comes to SU Mar. 9
SALISBURY, MD---From blind dates, to basketball-playing grandmas to, a love connection made via mailbox, LUNAFEST spotlights films made by women with intelligent, funny and thought-provoking themes.
The national film festival, sponsored by LUNA, makers of the Whole Nutrition Bar for Women, comes to Salisbury University Sunday, March 9. Screenings of the short movies are 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. in Holloway Hall Auditorium. Films include:
- Date with Fate by Venetia Taylor: Two individuals discover that when it comes to blind dating, some things are meant to be — whether they liked it or not.
- First Match by Olivia Newman: A determined female wrestler prepares for her first co-ed high school match.
- Flying Anne by Catherine van Campen: An 11-year-old with Tourette’s Syndrome takes flight to navigate life with her tics.
- Granny’s Got Game by Angela Gorsica Alford: Seven fiercely competitive women in their 70s bond and play winning basketball, proving they aren’t too old to do what they love.
- Maria of Many by Alexandra Liveris: After being mistreated as a part-time hire, Mexican immigrant Maria finds her voice, a community and dignity within the San Francisco Women’s Collective.
- Running Dry by Dimitra Nikolopoulou: A woman impacted by economic hardships journeys into contemporary Athens, Greece, where she finds people in similar situations — and worse.
- Sidewalk by Celia Bullwinkel: A woman walks through life, confronts her changing body and learns to love herself.
- Sound Shadows by Julie Engaas: Audiences enter a world where sound gives shape to space.
- Tiny Miny Magic by Danielle Lurie: When Sam and her mailman exchange presents via her mailbox, an unexpected love connection blossoms.
Admission is $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Students receive a $10 discount with ID. Tickets are available in advance at the Guerrieri University Center Information Desk until 3 p.m. Friday, March 7. The first 100 SU students receive one ticket free, compliments of the President’s Office.
Limited VIP seating also is available. Proceeds benefit the Life Crisis Center and national Breast Cancer Fund.
LUNAFEST is presented in connection with Salisbury University’s Women’s History Month celebration. To see a trailer of the films or purchase tickets online visit the LUNAFEST website at www.lunafest.org.
For more information call 410-749-8111, ext. 702, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.