SU Music Faculty Perform Recital in Memory of George Hayne April 17
SALISBURY, MD---Members of Salisbury University’s Department of Music and others join for a recital in memory of late local music supporter George Hayne 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 17, at St. Alban’s Episcopal Church (302 St. Albans Dr.).
• Dr. Jeffrey Schoyen (cellist) – “Prelude, Saraband and Gigue” from the Suite in C Major by J.S. Bach;
• Dr. Danielle Cumming (guitarist) – “Estudius Sencillos” by Leo Brower;
• John Wesley Wright (tenor) – “Poema en forma de canciones” by Joaquin Turina;
• Ron Davis and Lee Knier (trumpet/trombone duet) – “Elizabethan Songbook” by Eric Ewazen;
• Dr. Luba Paskova (pianist) – “Phantastiche Märchen,” Op. 12, Nos. 5 and 8 by Henryk Pachulski;
• Dr. William Folger and Susan Zimmer (four-handed piano) – “Sicilienne” by Gabriel Fauré; and
• Chris English – blues selections.
“The department had planned to present a faculty recital on the evening of Thursday, February 11, but it was cancelled due to snow,” said Knier. “A few of us had already talked about putting together a memorial recital for the late George Hayne, so when our original recital was cancelled, this seemed like a good idea. “The program will last a little over one hour and offer plenty of musical variety in a relaxed and comfortable setting.”
Admission is free and the public is invited.
For more information call 410-543-6385 or visit the SU Web site at www.salisbury.edu.