Citation Manager Guide - EndNote Web
This is a basic, step-by-step guide for getting started with EndNote Web.
For more help, please consult the
EndNote Web help pages or stop by the
Research Services Desk. You can also attend a training session in BL203.
- Go to Web of Science (Or from
Research Port, click on W for "Web of Science." From off
campus, log in using the barcode on the back of your Gull Card.)
- Click "Sign in." (See screenshots)
- Click "Register."
- Enter an email address.
- Fill in user registration and submit.
Setting Up Your Account
- From the main page of Web of Science, select "My EndNote Web." (See
- Follow the instructions for downloading the EndNote Web plugin for the browser of choice.
- Once the plug in is downloaded and you've returned to Web of Science, click on My EndNote Web.
- Customize a list of favorite library catalogs by clicking the "Collect" tab. (see
screenshots) This allows citations for books to be saved.
- Customize your list of favorite citation styles by click the "Format" tab (see
screenshots). The entire list is very long. Many
journals have a preferred style but generic styles such as APA and MLA can be found here as well.
Saving Citations in Web of Science
- Perform a search.
- Check the boxes of the records you want to save to EndNote Web.
- Click Save to EndNote Web. (see
- The selected citations will be placed in your EndNote Web reference list. EndNote Web will be
open in another window.
- Using the "Organize" and "Format" tabs, saved citations can be organized and formatted as desired.