Named after the first administrator/principal, William Joseph Holloway, a fire-proof building of three sections in Maryland Colonial architecture was constructed. The first wing, opened in 1925, included the demonstration school, library, and women’s dormitory. The second wing, opened in 1929, included the administrative offices, auditorium and social room on the first floor and additional dormitory rooms and infirmary on the second floor. The South wing, opened in 1932, included the dining hall, kitchen, men’s infirmary and gymnasium.