Study Abroad Programs
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies: Seoul, Korea
2013 Summer II (2136)
For questions about this program, please contact:
Please use the form below to schedule an appointment with the Center for International Education:
Estimated Costs Worksheet
(Costs may be subject to change)
|Subtotal (billable by SU):||$2,870|
| || |
| || |
Salisbury University students have the opportunity to spend four weeks in the summer in Seoul, Korea at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies' International Summer Session in Korean & East Asian Studies.
The International Summer Seeion (ISS) at HUFS provides a unique opportunity to all those who want to deepen their understanding of Korean society and the sources of its current trends. Classes are taught in English and students may take Korean language courses as well. The HUFS ISS program has both international students and domestic Korean student studying side-by-side in the same classroom shring in project work, extra-curricular and free-time activities. International students come from all of the globe providing an opportunity to learn about Korean culture as well as many other parts of the world. The class sizes typically do not exceed 12-15 students which allows personalized education from leading professors.
Students will take three classes (9 credits in total) in multiple academic disciplines along with students from Korea, the United States and all around the world. Classes include:
- Korean Cinema
- Korean Music & Performing Arts
- Korean Economy
- Law and Administration in Korea and Japan
- Human Rights in North Korea
- Cultural Heritage Sites in North Korea
- Democratization in Korea and Asia
- Peace and Conflict in North East Asia: China, Korea, and Japan
- Consumer Behavior in Asia: Unique Issues and Marketing Practices
- Current Topics in Marketing: Developing Social Media Marketing Strategies
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Media, Globalization, and the East Asian Region
Full list of courses here.
Students are housed on campus in a university residence hall with other international and Korean students.
If students register before April 1, 2013 they are elligible for a $185 tuition discount.
Thursday, July 18 - Friday, August 16, 2013
Apply online here.
Application deadline is Friday, May 3rd, 2013.
* * *