1. What is MyClasses Canvas?
MyClasses Canvas is the Learning Management System utilized by faculty at Salisbury University. Using MyClasses students gain access to course learning resources provided by the course instructor, complete course activities such as quizzes/tests, submit assignments, as well as communicate with their instructor and their classmates through a secure environment. To login to MyClasses go to: https://www.salisbury.edu/instructionaldesign/cms/
To learn more about MyClasses go to https://salisbury.instructure.com/courses/1089
2. Do all courses use MyClasses Canvas?
All credit courses are automatically created in MyClasses and populated with enrolled students. Online and Hybrid courses are required to use MyClasses Canvas for the delivery of course content and activities. However; for traditional courses it is up to the instructor whether or not to make the courses available, ("publish"), to the enrolled students.
3. I just added a course, how long will it be before I see it in my course list?
MyClasses students enrollments are updated every four hours based on the course roster in GullNet.
4. I just withdrew or dropped a course. How long will it be before it disappears from my course list?
5. How do I modify my Profile and setup Notifications?
User Profile allows you to update your name, preferred contact methods, and add a picture. Download step-by-step instructions on how to edit your user profile.
Notification preferences allows you to select how and when to be notified about events and activities in each course in MyClasses. Download step-by-step instructions on how to setup your notification preferences.
6. What happens if I close out of a test or quiz before I am finished?
For more information on how to take a quiz in MyClasses Canvas go to: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-3171
7. How do I customize the courses on my Dashboard? How do I locate all of MyCourses?
8. Where do I find grades and feedback from my instructor?
As a student you can can view information about your submitted and graded assignments. This information will include your submission in the form of file attachment or text entry, annotated comments from your instructor, and/or grading rubric. For step-by-step instructions on how to view assignment feedback go to: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-3550
By clicking on the Grades tab on the left hand side of a course, you may view your grades. For step-by-step instructions on how to view your grades go to: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-3550
9. My instructor is using a rubric for my assignment. How do I see the rubric before the assignment and where will I see the feedback provided in the rubric after it is graded?
10. Is there an App for Canvas?
Yes, there is a mobile app available for download from the Google Play and the iTunes App stores. For more information visit the MyClasses Canvas Mobile App web page.
11. How can I display course dates in my local time zone?
By default, dates and times throughout a Canvas course are displayed according to the courses’ respective time zone (typically Eastern Standard Time). If you live in a different time zone, you can adjust the course dates and times based on your time zone under User settings.