Housing and Residence Life
Holloway Hall

Welcome to Campus Housing and Residence Life

Important Information

Housing Contract Information

Summer Housing 2015

On-campus housing is available for SU students who are taking a class and/or working at Salisbury University during the Summer Term (first come, first served).  Please click here for a summer term contract.

The Office of Housing & Residence Life's mission is to support academic excellence and student retention by creating a quality living environment that provides opportunities for learning and socializing outside of the classroom.

Approximately 2300 spaces are provided for undergraduate students.  We are unable to accommodate graduate students; however, they should consult the office of graduate studies as well as our Commuter Connections' Web site. 

Residency Requirement

Salisbury University has a two-year residency requirement for all freshmen through their sophomore year. Students beginning in the fall semester are required to live in campus housing for four semesters and students beginning in the spring semester live on campus for three semesters. Students can request an exemption through the Office of Housing and Residence Life based on the following criteria:

  • Geographic – Students living at home with their parents, legal guardian, or immediate family over the age of 21 in Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset, Dorchester, or Sussex (DE) counties
  • Age – Students who at the time of enrollment are at least 21 years of age
  • Status – Students who are married or caring for dependent children, or students who have completed military service.

At the end of the first year of on-campus residence, students can also be considered for an off-campus exemption if they have achieved a 3.5 cumulative GPA, a clean judicial record and will have completed at least 30 credits of study at SU.

*Petition for Exemption    
The incoming student must submit a written letter of appeal to Mr. Clinton Gilbert, Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life.  Appeals may be submitted to: house@salisbury.edu.

Off-Campus Housing

Information can be found on the Off-Campus Housing Web site.

Work Orders

Work orders for repairs needed in your room can be submitted online:

Once the work order is submitted, a work order number will be emailed to you. If the repair isn't responded to in 2-3 working days, please provide the work order number and problem to your Area Director or Resident Director.

Microfridge/Safe Rentals

Are you interested in renting a Microfridge or Safe for your room?
-Order Form

Accommodations for Students with Disabilities

Barrier-free accommodations which meet appropriate ANSI standards are located in all residence halls excluding Dogwood Village.  See also Student Disability Support Services.

Care Packages

If you are interested in more information about our Care Package program, please visit our partner, On Campus Marketing.