Resident Director Position
Salisbury University's mission is to cultivate and sustain a
superior, student-centered learning community where students,
faculty and staff are viewed as both teachers and learners, and
where a commitment to excellence permeates all aspects of
University life. We recruit exceptional and diverse
faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students and support
them as they work together to reach to University's goals.
Serving Maryland and the mid-Atlantic region, we are concerned
participants in responding to the educational, economic,
cultural and social needs of our community and believe that
service is a vital component of civic life. Our highest
purpose is to empower out students with the knowledge, skills
and core values that contribute to life-long learning and active
citizenship in a democratic society and interdependent world.
Click here to see what some of
our current Resident Directors have to say...
- Create a living learning environment conducive to sleep and study.
- Participate in building and area programming.
- Provide availability to residents during daily office hours.
- Add to a vibrant campus community.
- Oversee the residence hall community.
- Supervise 4-12 undergraduate resident
- Adjudicate disciplinary hearings.
- Head departmental awareness committees.
- Assume on-call responsibilities for on-campus students.
- Coordinate all aspects of building facility
- Collaborate with Office of Student Activities, Organizations and
Leadership for programs and services.
- Fully furnished one-bedroom apartment within
residence hall (Sample
- Tuition waiver (up to 18 credits per year).
- Meal plan during fall and spring semesters.
- 10-month stipend.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Admission to Salisbury University graduate program.
- Residence life or student affairs experience recommended.
- Résumé reviews will begin immediately and will
continue until all positions are filled.
- For those attending, we will be interviewing at
the Mid-Atlantic Placement Conference (MAPC).
- Please send a cover letter, resume and
three references to:
Assistant Director for Residence Life
Office of Housing and Residence Life
1101 Camden Avenue
Salisbury, MD 21801
- On campus interviews will commence early March.
Studies at SU
There are many reasons to choose Salisbury University for your
graduate education. In its advanced courses, SU offers a
rigorous program of graduate study that stresses inquiry,
critical thinking, intellectual integrity and professional
collaboration. The graduate curriculum is designed to assist our
students in attaining greater mastery of their fields of
specialization, to improve skills in pursuing independent study,
and to increase professional knowledge and ability that will
promote their careers and enhance satisfaction in their work.
Our alumni go on to advanced positions in their chosen fields of
specialization, confident in the solid academic preparation that
comes with a graduate degree from SU. As a Maryland University
of National Distinction, SU provides you with a wise choice in
advancing your education.
Programs of Study
available to RDs:
- Applied Biology (M.S.)
- Applied Health Physiology (M.S.)
- Business Administration (M.B.A)
- Conflict Analysis and Dispute Resolution (M.A.)
- Education (M.Ed.)
- English (M.A.)
- Geographic Information Systems Managements (M.S.)
- History (M.A.)
- Mathematics Education (M.S.M.E.)
- Nursing (M.S.)
*We are not able to consider
candidates for the M.A.T. or M.S.W. programs due to time
constraints with this assistantship.