Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University BW
A Maryland University of National Distinction
navigation icon opens header SALISBURY UNIVERSITY

Honors College
navigation icon opens menu



University Honors

General Honors

HONR 312

The Honors Research/Creative Project may be interpreted in one of three ways:  students may take a research or creative project that was initiated in a previous academic course and expand upon it under the guidance of a faculty mentor, a student may begin independent/guided research on a new project with the intent to continue beyond the credited semester, or students may take HONR 312 concurrently with another course in which they are enrolled and work with the instructor of that course to complete an additional assignment.  Students must select and successfully complete the initial terms/proposal of the Honors 312 contract by the end of the previous semester in order to be enrolled in the course.

Guidelines for Honors 312 Contract

HONR 490/491

This course is really a set of individual consultation sessions meant to prepare students for completing a semester-long Honors thesis project.  Students should plan to enroll in HONR 490 during a semester prior to completing the actual thesis. Please see the FAQs tab for more information.

Honors Thesis Cover Sheet

Semester Off

If you wish to take a semester off, please fill out the form below and turn it in to Joan Wallace in the Honors House.

Request to Sit Out a Semester


The Honors College offers some flexibility when it comes to completing all of the required courses. This is assessed on a case by case basis and waivers or substitutions must be approved by Dr. Buss.


Conference and Research Funding Forms

The Honors College is happy to support undergraduate research and creative projects in their many forms, whether it be travel to academic conferences, laboratory research, creative writing workshops, fine art exhibitions, symposia, or more.  For information about how to apply for funding from the Honors College, please visit the Conferences and Research Funding.

Conference Application Cover Sheet

Request for Travel Form

Application Form for Research Funding

- Top -

Need help or have questions about this page? Please visit our Ask a Question or Report a Problem page.
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000